Car accidents can be very scary situations. READ ON to see how a Fall River MA car accident attorney recommends you protect yourself after a car accident.
No matter where you live in the United States, or even in the world, there is one thing that every person can agree upon – and that is the fact that a car accident can cause various injuries to your or a loved one, and in some cases, these injuries from the accidents can have fatal results.
Let’s start off by looking at some very alarming facts that are associated with car accidents in the United States:
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in 2005, over 43,000 United States citizens were killed in car accidents around the country.
- Also in 2005, close to 2.5 million people were injured as a result of a car accident.
- Out of all the people who die in a highway or road accident in the United States every year, nearly 75 percent of the victims were either driving or an occupant of a automobile.
- In 2005, close to 5,700 people were cyclists or pedestrians that were struck by a motor vehicle.
- And lastly, in 2005, about 17,000 of all of highway accidents that occurred in the United States were associated with the abuse of alcohol.
There is not a shadow of a doubt that a car accident can be one of the most tragic and scary situations that you will ever go through. If you are involved with a car crash, it is very important that you do not panic and that you stay as calm as possible.
With that said, here are some tips, recommended by a Fall River MA car accident attorney, that you should follow to protect yourself after a car accident.
It Is Very Important That You Stay Calm
If you are in a car accident, you should first make sure that you and any and all of your car’s occupants are protected from any further damage. An experienced Fall River MA car accident attorney will highly recommend that you do not discuss the car accident with anybody accept for the police when they arrive.
Do your best to not blame anybody, this includes blaming yourself. Though your emotions will be running very high in the moments following a car accident, you should do your best to not argue with the other person that is involved with the accident, even if you are 100 percent positive that it was their fault.
Fall River MA Car Accident Attorney Recommends Getting Help Immediately
Whatever you do, DO NOT leave the site of the car accident unless you absolutely have to. Do your best to call the police from the scene of the accident. Stay clear of oncoming traffic if your accident took place in the middle of the road. If possible, you should simply stay in your car.
Get the Other Driver’s Information
You will need the following information from the other driver involved with your car accident:
- Their name.
- Their home address.
- Their phone number.
- Their driver’s license number and state.
- Their license plate number.
- Their registration information.
- Their car insurance information (which should include their insurance policy number.)
If the other person involved in the accident is not the owner of the car, you must make sure that you get the name, the address, and the insurance company and number of the person who is the owner of the vehicle.
Other Important Things to Do After an Accident
Make sure that your follow these very important guidelines, as it will help the Fall River MA car accident attorney get you any and all money that you are entitled to if the accident was not your fault:
- Make sure the police inform you of anybody who was injured in the accident. And inform them of any injuries on your end as well.
- Make sure the police look for and interview possible witnesses of the accident.
- Write down the specific damage of your car and the other car involved.
- Draw a detailed diagram of the site of the car accident.
- Always seek medical attention, even if you feel as though you do not need it.
- Make sure the police file an accident report.
- File an insurance claim with you auto insurance company.
Get In Touch with a Fall River MA Car Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a car accident because of another person’s negligence, or if a loved one was killed by another person’s negligence in a auto accident, then you may possible be entitled to a financial compensation for your pain and suffering.
If this is the case, you need to make sure that you submit an accident report to the police ASAP. This accident report will provide any and all specific details that are needed to get you and compensation that you deserve. This accident report should be submitted to the authorities within ten days of the accident. Waiting any longer may result in you losing potential money. (If you are unable to submit due to the injuries that you have suffered, then you should file as soon as you are able to.)
All transportation accidents should be taken seriously, especially ones that happen in your car. If you are looking for a serious lawyer who will work day in and day out to help you get everything that you deserve, then you should contact The Kevin P Landry Law Offices and learn exactly what you are entitled to from an experienced Fall River MA car accident attorney.
The Kevin P Landry Law Offices
Kevin P. Landry and his team of experience associates will always handle your personal injury case on an exclusive basis, especially given their extensive knowledge in this area of law. The Kevin P Landry Law Offices has represented the victims of many different accidents in the Massachusetts and Rhode Island area for many years now, and they continue to stay committed to making sure that you receive the highest amount of financial compensation for your personal injury.
The Kevin P Landry Law Offices will fight for you in court, and out of court as well. Whether it is against your insurance company, or your landlord, or any corporate party that is responsible for your injury.
The Kevin P Landry Law Offices are here to help you.