It today’s rough economic times, nobody really wants to get hurt while they are on the job. But sometimes, accidents happen, and you find yourself claiming workers comp. READ ON to see why you may need to enlist the help of a New Bedford MA workers comp attorney…
Getting injured on the job is one of the most frustrating situations a hard working American can go through. Not only can the injury keep you away from your daily routine, but it may also take money out of your pocket. And with today’s economic times being as rough as it is, having less money is just not an option many Americans can afford, especially Americans in the New Bedford, Massachusetts area.
What is Workers Comp?
In this case, many workers in Massachusetts will file a claim for workers comp. Think of workers comp like an insurance policy. This type of insurance policy will help you compensate any loss wages you have from not working, and it will also provide medical benefits to you were injured during the course of your employment.
You Cannot Sue – Which is Why You May Need a New Bedford MA Workers Comp Attorney
When you apply for workers comp in Massachusetts, you basically remove your right to sue your place of employment under the branch of negligence. For this reason, it may be vital for you to reach out to a New Bedford MA workers comp attorney. Some companies may try to hold back on some of the benefits you should be afforded, but with the help of a New Bedford MA workers comp attorney, you will be able to get ALL of your benefits and ALL of the financial compensation that you deserve.
Important Advice and Things You Should Know About Workers Comp Claims
Now, we are going to provide you with some very important advice regarding workers comp claims. These tips and guidelines compiled by a New Bedford MA workers comp attorney, will help guide you through the very tedious and difficult process of applying for workers comp. (If you still have questions regarding workers comp in Massachusetts, you should definitely contact a New Bedford MA workers comp attorney as soon as possible.)
- If you want to file for workers comp, you should do so immediately after the injury takes place. DO NOT be talked into not filing. Even minor injuries can turn into major injuries.
- Try to not go with doctors chosen for you by your employer. Be aware that you ARE allowed to choose your own doctor.
- Keep a journal or very specific notes about your workers comp claim and everything that happens. Sometimes, claims can go on for many years, so you want to make sure that you remember as many details as possible.
- Read ALL your mail that relates to your workers comp claim. You never know when important deadlines may be looming in regards to your claim.
- If your workers comp claim lasts for longer than a month, and surgery on your injured body part is required, you need to contact a New Bedford workers comp attorney immediately.
- Even though the situation is frustrating, you should do your best to keep your cool with the people who are handling your claim. Cooler heads will always prevail, especially in workers comp claims.
- Be very careful what you say in regards to your injury to fellow employees, your boss, and the insurance company. Everything you say to them can be used against you, even if your words had innocent intentions.
- If you enlist the assistance of a New Bedford workers comp attorney, you no longer need to personally communicate with insurance companies or any third party claim adjusters. The expert workers comp attorney will take care of those vital communications.
- If and when you return to work, DO NOT exceed physical workloads. If you do so, not only could you injure yourself further, but you could also lose the benefits and financial compensation you are working hard to get in the first place.
Why You Should Contact a New Bedford MA Workers Comp Attorney
If you were injured at work because of another person’s negligence, or if a loved one was injured at work by another person’s negligence in a work related accident, then you may possible be entitled to a financial compensation for your pain and suffering.
If this is the case, you need to make sure that you submit an accident report ASAP. This accident report will provide any and all specific details that are needed to get you and compensation that you deserve. This accident report should be submitted to the authorities within ten days of the accident. Waiting any longer may result in you losing potential money. (If you are unable to submit due to the injuries that you have suffered, then you should file as soon as you are able to.)
All personal injury accidents should be taken seriously, especially accidents that take place at your place of employment. If you are looking for a serious lawyer who will work day in and day out to help you get everything that you deserve, then you should contact The Kevin P Landry Law Offices and learn exactly what you are entitled to from an experienced New Bedford MA workers comp attorney.
The Kevin P Landry Law Offices
Kevin P. Landry and his team of experience associates will always handle your personal injury case on an exclusive basis, especially given their extensive knowledge in this area of law. The Kevin P Landry Law Offices has represented the victims of many different accidents in the Massachusetts and Rhode Island area for many years now, and they continue to stay committed to making sure that you receive the highest amount of financial compensation for your personal injury.
The Kevin P Landry Law Offices will fight for you in court, and out of court as well. Whether it is against your insurance company, or your landlord, or any corporate party that is responsible for your injury.
The Kevin P Landry Law Offices are here to help you.