Providence car accident lawyer reports on a high speed North Providence car crash and what you can do to prepare yourself
In Providence car accident lawyer news, a 22-year-old Providence man crashed into the front of Nona’s Smoke Shop, located at 1360 Mineral Spring Avenue in North Providence.
The man was traveling at speeds greater than 90 miles an hour driving in a 30 mph zone.
Yes, 90 mph in a 30 mile an hour zone…
William J. Pizzo was charged with resisting arrest, driving under the influence of alcohol and reckless driving. Although Pizzo appeared uninjured, he was taken to Rhode Island Hospital for examination.
Providence Car Accident Lawyer: Cars Safer, People Still Reckless
Although our Providence, Rhode Island roads are not getting any safer, the invention of technology such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, passenger sensing systems, energy absorbing steering wheels and of course good old seat belts are all working together to make you safer inside your car.
The good news is that in the United States, automobile accident deaths are down over the last 10 years, in spite of some of the extremely dangerous driving we all witness each day. In 2010, 32,885 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the United States. And all those that this is a 2.9% decline in the number of people killed from 2009, the number of fatalities is higher than it needs to be.
And although the number of serious injuries for Rhode Island car accidents is on the decline since 2000 (1,682 in 2000 to 540 in 2010), the number of fatalities is largely stayed the same over that same time.
5 Things You Should Do Before Your Next Car Accident
Since car accidents are still the leading cause of injury death in the United States, it’s a matter of time before each one of us is involved in at least one. So to prepare you for the eventuality, here are a few things you can do to prepare:
1. Keep an emergency kit in your car: If you are injured, its always handy to have a roadside assistance kit to treat minor injuries. Of course, if you are injured seriously or even sustain minor injuries, get medical attention immediately.
2. Keep a medicine card with you at all times: It’s also good to have a card with information about your medical allergies or pre-existing medical conditions which may require special treatment by the emergency medical technicians.
3. Have a camera on hand: After the car accident, take pictures and document the damage as best as you can. Most smartphones and iPhones have cameras better than many of the digital cameras out there. If there were any witnesses, you may need to ask those witnesses if they can assist you should you need them in the future. This is especially helpful if you were not at fault and there were witnesses. These witnesses could help you in your personal injury case later on.
4. Familiarize yourself with your insurance coverage: As a Providence car accident attorney, there’s nothing worse than speaking with a victim of a car accident, only to find they do not have uninsured motorist coverage on their policy. Uninsured motorist coverage will protect you if you are struck by another who does not have insurance coverage. This is especially important for Rhode Islanders as Governor Chafee recently announced that he is still considering issuing driver’s licenses to undocumented residents. So take a look at your current insurance policy and determine if you have enough uninsured motorist coverage to pay for damages following an automobile accident.
5. Have a Providence car accident lawyer phone number on speed dial: If you’ve been hurt, you will need someone to help you navigate through the mine field of insurance companies, doctors and medical experts to guide you along to make sure you get the money that is rightfully yours. Following a car accident, don’t make the mistake many people do in contacting their insurance company first. Call a Providence car accident lawyer immediately after your car accident to get the best advice on what to do next.
Keep our number on your speed dial at 1-800-200-77521-800-200-7752
Call us and we will help. You can also fill out our contact form as well.